Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith 9.1 Released. Synchronize Translated Projects, Import Styles from Another Help Project, Preview Customized Web Help Appearance, and More!
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 9.1 (which you can download from our website) that adds a synchronization tool for translated projects, includes the ability to import styles from another help project, provides advanced options for importing content with styles, adds a theme preview for easier Web Help customization, the ability to […]
HelpSmith 9.0 Released. New XML-based Help Project Format, Built-in XML Source Editor, Expanded Capabilities for Team Work, Compatibility with External Translation Tools, and More!
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 9.0 (which you can download from our website) that adds support for the XML-based help project format, includes a built-in XML Source Editor, expands the capabilities for working on a help project by a team of technical writers, and also simplifies translation of help projects into […]
This is the second consecutive year that HelpSmith has been chosen as the Silver winner in the “help authoring” category of the Visual Studio Magazine 27th annual Reader’s Choice Awards. Silver Winner in the Help Authoring Category The readers of the Visual Studio Magazine who voted on more than 400 products have selected the best […]
Create Screenshots with Various Annotations Easily
- Built-in Image Tool to capture and insert screenshots.
- Various annotations for images: rectangles, ellipses, arrows, balloons, lines, text labels, control annotations for UI elements, and other objects.
- Hotspots to create clickable areas on an image to link to a topic, or to an external URL address.
- Crop Tool to modify a captured screenshot by removing unwanted parts of the image.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Flexible settings to customize the appearance of annotations.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Control annotations for user interface elements on a captured screenshot.
- Automatic generation of the topic where you can provide a detailed description for controls.
- The ability to recognize controls on a captured window.
- Customizable style schemes for control annotations.
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Built-in web server for testing a generated Web Help system on a local computer.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...