Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith allows you to use variables in different places of your help project. When you compile your help project as a CHM help file, Web Help system, or PDF document, all variables are replaced with their actual values. For example, you can use system variables to display the current date and time, the help file’s […]
HelpSmith 8.4 Released. Improved PDF Quality, The Ability to Find Images and Styles, Text Variables for Specific Topics, Custom Code for the HEAD Section, and Numerous User Interface Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.4 (which you can download from our website) that improves the quality of the generated PDF documents, makes it easier for you to find where a specific media file or style is used in the help project, allows you to define and override text variables for […]
HelpSmith 8.3 Released. The Ability to Select the Clipboard Format, Better Support for Transparent Images, Improvements to the Import Feature, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.3 (which you can download from our website) that allows you to select the clipboard format when pasting text from another application, copy and paste transparent images, provides the possibility to quickly view the summary information of your help project, includes improvements to the Import feature, […]
Create Screenshots with Various Annotations Easily
- Built-in Image Tool to capture and insert screenshots.
- Various annotations for images: rectangles, ellipses, arrows, balloons, lines, text labels, control annotations for UI elements, and other objects.
- Hotspots to create clickable areas on an image to link to a topic, or to an external URL address.
- Crop Tool to modify a captured screenshot by removing unwanted parts of the image.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Flexible settings to customize the appearance of annotations.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Control annotations for user interface elements on a captured screenshot.
- Automatic generation of the topic where you can provide a detailed description for controls.
- The ability to recognize controls on a captured window.
- Customizable style schemes for control annotations.
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Built-in web server for testing a generated Web Help system on a local computer.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...