Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith 8.0 Released. Redesigned Image Tool with Various Annotations, Support for Hotspots, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.0 (which you can download from our website) that provides a redesigned Image Tool allowing you to create screenshots with various annotations, such as rectangles, balloons, arrows, lines, text labels, and also control annotations for UI elements. In addition, the new HelpSmith version provides support for […]
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 7.4 (which you can download from our website) that adds a syntax highlighter feature allowing you to write and format program code according with the style schemes for various programming languages. Writing Documentation with Program Code HelpSmith 7.4 allows you to create help files and documentation […]
HelpSmith 7.3 Released. High DPI Support, Zoom Feature, Improved Import from MS Word, Generation of Native .DOCX Files, and More
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 7.3 (which you can download from our website) that provides support for High DPI displays, adds the Zoom feature to the built-in Word Processor and Image Tool, the ability to import and split MS Word documents into topics automatically, the possibility to generate native .DOCX files, […]
Create Screenshots with Various Annotations Easily
- Built-in Image Tool to capture and insert screenshots.
- Various annotations for images: rectangles, ellipses, arrows, balloons, lines, text labels, control annotations for UI elements, and other objects.
- Hotspots to create clickable areas on an image to link to a topic, or to an external URL address.
- Crop Tool to modify a captured screenshot by removing unwanted parts of the image.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Flexible settings to customize the appearance of annotations.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Control annotations for user interface elements on a captured screenshot.
- Automatic generation of the topic where you can provide a detailed description for controls.
- The ability to recognize controls on a captured window.
- Customizable style schemes for control annotations.
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Built-in web server for testing a generated Web Help system on a local computer.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...