Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith 7.1 Released. Create ePub eBooks, Split Word Documents Easily, Use Built-in Web Server to Test Web Help, and More
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 7.1 that allows you to create ePub eBooks, adds the possibility to split an imported Word document into topics by font size, provides a built-in web server to test generated Web Help systems locally, adds customizable outline levels for printed documentation, and other enhancements. Create ePub […]
HelpSmith users often ask us how to move or copy an entire help project to another computer or storage device properly. In fact, this task is easy to do since HelpSmith stores the help project’s data in a single .HSM file and the files such as images and videos used in the help project are […]
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Take screenshots of a window or individual UI elements.
- Recognition of controls and adding annotations for them automatically.
- Automatic generation of a help topic for a captured window.
- The possibility to add and edit annotations manually.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Fully customizable style of the annotations.
- Edit HTML attributes of any page elements in a help topic.
- Insert custom HTML code into a help topic.
- Use any popular framework such as jQuery in your HTML documentation.
- Apply any special formatting supported by web browsers.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, and MS Word.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...
What Customers Say
BTW, very impressive program. I've used RoboHelp from before the days of HTMLHelp/WebHelp and it took a very long time to learn then you still had to figure out how to hack it to make it work. It's nice to get a product that works out of the box. I'll be purchasing it for my freelance business.