Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith 7.3 Released. High DPI Support, Zoom Feature, Improved Import from MS Word, Generation of Native .DOCX Files, and More
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 7.3 (which you can download from our website) that provides support for High DPI displays, adds the Zoom feature to the built-in Word Processor and Image Tool, the ability to import and split MS Word documents into topics automatically, the possibility to generate native .DOCX files, […]
In recent HelpSmith releases we implemented a built-in web server for testing a compiled Web Help system on the local computer. A full-featured HTTP server makes it possible for you to avoid limitations that modern browsers apply to local HTML pages, so you can now fully test your Web Help system before you upload it […]
HelpSmith 7.2 Released. Batch Compilation Mode, Compilation Log with Error Reporting, Better Compatibility with HTML5 Browsers, and More
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 7.2 that adds support for batch compilation mode, a detailed compilation log that analyzes your help project and helps you avoid typical issues in the generated documentation, includes improved support for video files for compatibility with modern HTML5 browsers, and other enhancements. Batch Compilation Mode HelpSmith […]
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Take screenshots of a window or individual UI elements.
- Recognition of controls and adding annotations for them automatically.
- Automatic generation of a help topic for a captured window.
- The possibility to add and edit annotations manually.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Fully customizable style of the annotations.
- Edit HTML attributes of any page elements in a help topic.
- Insert custom HTML code into a help topic.
- Use any popular framework such as jQuery in your HTML documentation.
- Apply any special formatting supported by web browsers.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...
What Customers Say
BTW, very impressive program. I've used RoboHelp from before the days of HTMLHelp/WebHelp and it took a very long time to learn then you still had to figure out how to hack it to make it work. It's nice to get a product that works out of the box. I'll be purchasing it for my freelance business.