Latest Posts and News
HelpSmith 8.1 Released. Image Tool with Undo/Redo and Clipboard Commands, Better Support for High DPI Displays, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.1 (which you can download from our website) that adds support for the Undo/Redo and Clipboard commands to the built-in Image Tool, includes an easy way to start a new help project with the desired Title and Language settings, and also with the option to create […]
Web Help is the primary format that is used by many HelpSmith users to create and publish online documentation on a website. While Web Help provides all the features of a complete help system including the Table of Contents, keyword Index, full-text Search capability, and the possibility to provide Context-Sensitive Help, you might ask how […]
HelpSmith 8.0 Released. Redesigned Image Tool with Various Annotations, Support for Hotspots, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.0 (which you can download from our website) that provides a redesigned Image Tool allowing you to create screenshots with various annotations, such as rectangles, balloons, arrows, lines, text labels, and also control annotations for UI elements. In addition, the new HelpSmith version provides support for […]
Create Screenshots with Various Annotations Easily
- Built-in Image Tool to capture and insert screenshots.
- Various annotations for images: rectangles, ellipses, arrows, balloons, lines, text labels, control annotations for UI elements, and other objects.
- Hotspots to create clickable areas on an image to link to a topic, or to an external URL address.
- Crop Tool to modify a captured screenshot by removing unwanted parts of the image.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Flexible settings to customize the appearance of annotations.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Control annotations for user interface elements on a captured screenshot.
- Automatic generation of the topic where you can provide a detailed description for controls.
- The ability to recognize controls on a captured window.
- Customizable style schemes for control annotations.
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Built-in web server for testing a generated Web Help system on a local computer.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...