Latest Posts and News
This year HelpSmith has been honored to have received the Visual Studio Magazine Reader’s Choice Award. The winners of the 26th annual Reader’s Choice Awards were chosen by the readers of Visual Studio Magazine who voted on tools, products, and services which help developers work with Visual Studio IDE, and accomplish other tasks related to […]
HelpSmith 8.2 Released. The Ability to Find and Remove Unused Media Files, Improvements to the Import Feature, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.2 (which you can download from our website) that adds the ability to find and remove unused image and video files stored in the Media Repository of your help project, includes improvements to the Import functionality, provides support for the high-contrast theme, and other enhancements. Find […]
HelpSmith 8.1 Released. Image Tool with Undo/Redo and Clipboard Commands, Better Support for High DPI Displays, and Other Enhancements
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 8.1 (which you can download from our website) that adds support for the Undo/Redo and Clipboard commands to the built-in Image Tool, includes an easy way to start a new help project with the desired Title and Language settings, and also with the option to create […]
Create Screenshots with Various Annotations Easily
- Built-in Image Tool to capture and insert screenshots.
- Various annotations for images: rectangles, ellipses, arrows, balloons, lines, text labels, control annotations for UI elements, and other objects.
- Hotspots to create clickable areas on an image to link to a topic, or to an external URL address.
- Crop Tool to modify a captured screenshot by removing unwanted parts of the image.
- The ability to capture the mouse cursor.
- Flexible settings to customize the appearance of annotations.
Create Help for Dialogs Automatically
- Control annotations for user interface elements on a captured screenshot.
- Automatic generation of the topic where you can provide a detailed description for controls.
- The ability to recognize controls on a captured window.
- Customizable style schemes for control annotations.
Create a Responsive Web Help System
- Responsive layout compatible with desktop computers and mobile devices.
- Fully customizable Header, Footer and Mobile Header areas.
- Easy integration with Google Analytics.
- Automatic Google XML Sitemap generation.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments.
- Built-in web server for testing a generated Web Help system on a local computer.
- Easy integration with a website or application.
- Ready-to-use design themes.
Full-featured Help Authoring Tool
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help (CHM), Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, MS Word, and ePub eBook.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Optimized for working with large help projects and usage of minimal system resources.
- And more...