What is HelpSmith?
HelpSmith is an innovative help authoring tool allowing you to create CHM HTML Help files, Web Help, Printed Manuals, and PDF documents from the same source help project. The stand-alone and very easy-to-use environment includes a powerful Unicode word-processor with dynamic styles and live spell checker, support for Templates and Variables, Conditional Compilation, advanced approach to working with graphical and video files, automatic correction system, and many other useful tools.
You can use HelpSmith to supply technical documentation for your software in multiple help formats including context-sensitive HTML Help files, a standard help format in Windows. HelpSmith supports all the features of HTML Help, allowing you to create the tree-type table of contents, keyword index, edit and create custom help windows, and so on.
The "What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get" (WYSIWYG) principle makes working with HelpSmith as easy as working with regular office applications. And, actually, you do not have to learn any technical details to start writing professional help files and documentation with HelpSmith.
What are the benefits of using HelpSmith?
- Create professional help files, Web Help (with collapsible TOC and Search), Printed Manuals, and PDF documents from the same source.
- Write help topics using the powerful WYSIWYG word processor with dynamic styles.
- Easily customize help topics by using Templates and Variables.
- Use Conditional Compilation capabilities to create different versions of the same help system from a single source.
- Insert and manage graphical images and video clips in your help files effectively as never before.
- Use custom HTML code in your help projects: you can easily add video from YouTube, insert Google Analytics tracking code, etc.
- Use the smart Project Merge feature for collaborative working on the same help system, for translation purposes, and for creating libraries of topics or templates.
- Check spelling as you type just like in Microsoft® Word with the live spell checker feature.
- Write help topics in multiple languages, thanks to the complete UNICODE support.
- Forget about broken links when you rename anything. HelpSmith will automatically correct all the modified references for you.
- Intuitive and very easy-to-use interface. Write professional help files with NO need to learn anything.