No HTML Coding
Create help files and documents easily with NO need to code HTML or know any technical aspects of help file creation.
Generate content using topic templates, variables, ready-to-use styles schemes, and powerful conditional compilation capabilities.
Slight Learning Curve
A modern Ribbon interface, sample help projects, and step-by-step documentation that will help you getting started with HelpSmith quickly.
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help, Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, and MS Word.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Built-in Screenshot Tool with the ability to create and edit annotations for screenshots.
- The ability to create help for dialog windows automatically.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Variables to insert names, dates, and any other values dynamically.
- Insert and manage graphics and videos with a single project’s media repository.
- Ready-to-use style schemes and the possibility to create a custom scheme for Web Help.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments for Web Help.
- Auto-correction system to avoid broken links in the compiled help file.
- Optimized for working with large amount of data and usage of minimal system resources.
- A smart Project Merge feature for collaborative work, translation purposes, and for creating topic libraries.
- Easy integration of HTML Help and Web Help with your application or website.
- Command line possibilities to automate compilation of help files and documents.
- Modern Ribbon interface with a slight learning curve, step-by-step documentation, and sample help projects.
Latest Posts and News
We have released HelpSmith 6.2 that includes a number of improvements to the Image Tool, enhanced “Go To” feature, better export of bulleted and numbered lists, and quick access to table-related functions. Improvements to the Image Tool Now you can show annotation titles only in the document, and hide the titles in the image. Added […]
We have released HelpSmith 6.1.3 that allows you to edit annotation titles directly in the word processor, adds the ability to capture the mouse cursor with the Image Tool, and provides the option that you can use to control the start value for annotation numbering. Edit Annotation Titles in the Word Processor The new HelpSmith […]
We have released HelpSmith 6.1.2 that adds better export of tables to the HTML/CSS format, fixes issues with rendering some PDF documents, and includes other minor improvements. Improved Export of Tables to HTML/CSS HelpSmith 6.1.2 fixes known issues that caused incorrect displaying of tables in some cases. Table borders defined in HelpSmith are now correctly […]
What Customers Say
BTW, very impressive program. I've used RoboHelp from before the days of HTMLHelp/WebHelp and it took a very long time to learn then you still had to figure out how to hack it to make it work. It's nice to get a product that works out of the box. I'll be purchasing it for my freelance business.