No HTML Coding
Create help files and documents easily with NO need to code HTML or know any technical aspects of help file creation.
Generate content using topic templates, variables, ready-to-use styles schemes, and powerful conditional compilation capabilities.
Slight Learning Curve
A modern Ribbon interface, sample help projects, and step-by-step documentation that will help you getting started with HelpSmith quickly.
- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help, Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, and MS Word.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Variables to insert names, dates, and any other values dynamically.
- Insert and manage graphics and videos with a single project’s media repository.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Ready-to-use style schemes and the possibility to create a custom scheme for Web Help.
- Auto-correction system to avoid broken links in the compiled help file.
- Optimized for working with large amount of data and usage of minimal system resources.
- A smart Project Merge feature for collaborative work, translation purposes, and for creating topic libraries.
- Easy integration of HTML Help and Web Help with your application or website.
- Command line possibilities to automate compilation of help files and documents.
- Modern Ribbon interface with a slight learning curve, step-by-step documentation, and sample help projects.
Latest Posts and News
When you create a CHM file or open an existing one, you may face the following issue: the HTML Help viewer correctly displays the Table of Contents, but instead of the content on the right pane you will see a message such as “Navigation to the webpage was canceled” or “This program cannot display the […]
We are pleased to announce the release of HelpSmith 6.0. Below is a quick overview of new features and improvements made in this version. Improved Import from CHM, HTML, and HHP files (with CSS support) In HelpSmith 6.0 we have implemented the possibility to import HTML files, compiled HTML Help (CHM) files, and MS HTML […]
As you may know, HelpSmith provides flexible possibilities to customize the appearance of a Web Help system allowing you to select one of the ready-to-use style schemes or to create your own style manually. As an example, we have created a new appearance for our own Web Help system, so it now fits to the […]
What Customers Say
BTW, very impressive program. I've used RoboHelp from before the days of HTMLHelp/WebHelp and it took a very long time to learn then you still had to figure out how to hack it to make it work. It's nice to get a product that works out of the box. I'll be purchasing it for my freelance business.