- Multiple output formats from a single source: HTML Help, Web Help, Printed Manual, Adobe PDF, and MS Word.
- The ability to import HTML, CHM, HHP (with CSS support), and MS Word files (including documents with Table of Contents).
- Full-featured word processor: dynamic styles, spell checker for different languages, and Unicode support.
- Built-in Screenshot Tool with the ability to create and edit annotations for screenshots.
- The ability to create help for dialog windows automatically.
- Most powerful Conditional Compilation capabilities based on build tags.
- Topic templates to customize the appearance of your help file or document.
- Variables to insert names, dates, and any other values dynamically.
- Insert and manage graphics and videos with a single project’s media repository.
- Ready-to-use style schemes and the possibility to create a custom scheme for Web Help.
- Support for Facebook and Disqus comments for Web Help.
- Auto-correction system to avoid broken links in the compiled help file.
- Optimized for working with large amount of data and usage of minimal system resources.
- A smart Project Merge feature for collaborative work, translation purposes, and for creating topic libraries.
- Easy integration of HTML Help and Web Help with your application or website.
- Command line possibilities to automate compilation of help files and documents.
- Modern Ribbon interface with a slight learning curve, step-by-step documentation, and sample help projects.
Latest Posts and News
If you are using HelpSmith to create your online Web Help system, you can easily provide your users with the possibility to leave their comments and thoughts on any help topic. Step 1: Create a Facebook or Disqus Account To accomplish this task, you should have or register an account on Facebook or Disqus whose […]
We have released HelpSmith 6.4 that allows you to add navigation links to your help system, provides the possibility to integrate a Web Help system into a web page by using iframe, and also includes other minor improvements. Add Navigation Links to Your Help System With HelpSmith 6.4, you can add navigation links or buttons […]
We have released HelpSmith 6.3 that includes a new color selector with the possibility to re-use recent colors and define custom colors easily, optimizations for better stability of the Import/Export engines, and other improvements. New Color Selector The new color selector introduced in HelpSmith 6.3 allows you to easily select a color from the color […]
What Customers Say
BTW, very impressive program. I've used RoboHelp from before the days of HTMLHelp/WebHelp and it took a very long time to learn then you still had to figure out how to hack it to make it work. It's nice to get a product that works out of the box. I'll be purchasing it for my freelance business.